TIMANDRA DESIGN & LANDSCAPING
Garden design that stands apart adds considerable value to the price of a home. From large country gardens to small courtyards, a good designer needs to have the plant knowledge and skillful design capability to adapt to any given situation. And Alison’s award-winning designs are converted into superb landscaping by David. A prize-winning team to provide clients with the best service! And these gardens value-add to your property price.
Covering Geelong through to Mount Gambier
QUALITY DESIGN; QUALITY PRODUCTS; QUALITY PLANTS; QUALITY SERVICE
Timandra is one of the leaders in Sustainable Landscape Design in Victoria. With nearly 25 years as a specialist sustainable design and landscaping provider, and significant awards in both SA and Vic, this experience is telling.
Sustainability can use plants that are native, exotic or both. It is about how the site is interpreted from the outset; the aim being to minimise all hard landscaping while using a variety of different plants. These gardens are designed to last. Alison’s design skill will enable advice on any style of garden; the prerequisite being the style of home that the garden is to embrace.
It costs money to remove an existing garden. So gardens of poor design and landscaping can effectively reduce a property price if previous work has been done badly. Substandard design and landscaping can have significant negative flow-on effects.
Alison makes every effort to retain what she thinks will work with a new design. But some plants are just not worth retaining, especially if they are short-lived. Alison’s designs are classic, working well with both contemporary and traditional designs. But she uses plants that last, with styles that last. Her work is not remotely fad-driven; that will be outmoded within a couple of years. Alison also respects the use of lawn as a sustainable choice.
Well designed, sustainable gardens entice a variety of birds to the garden. They are also low-maintenance after a few years, because the plants are properly spaced from the outset, not requiring pruning to keep them within bounds. So many novice gardeners, including landscapers, either plant far too closely together or too far apart, because they don’t know the plants that they are using. Labels are an indication only. Alison knows the plants that she uses, because she is a plantsman. Her horticultural knowledge is considerable.
Timandra provide a without-par follow-up service for all landscaping clients with work over $10,000. This is provided free to clients with conditions. But this service, for 2 years post completion of the project, is paramount to the long-term longevity of the project. A real rapport is then developed with Alison and the client over this period, with every assistance given to ensure that the garden continues to thrive beyond her visits.
WINNER 2014, 2016 LANDSCAPING VICTORIA’S ‘THE SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE’ AWARD
Timandra Design & Landscaping areas of speciality:
- Professional Horticulturist with significant plant knowledge – Alison uses classic plants in her designs for real gardens
- Arborist and arboriculturist – advice re tree care and tree health, formative pruning, reports to council
- Landscaping Victoria award winner in 2014 and 2016 plus many other awards from Victoria and South Australia
- Coastal, frost, water efficiency and drainage issues are all specialties
- Designs based on the KIS principle – ‘Keep it Simple’ hence over-design of spaces is eliminated and looks far better as a result
- Sustainable landscapes – from the natural garden to a formal garden, these designs can all be managed within the sustainable framework
- Irrigation by SW Victoria’s professional irrigation expert for gardens 0408 825 625 (David).
What does Timandra Design & Landscaping offer their clients?
- Consultation/advice with Alison [1 to 2 hours on site] with exterior design ideas from an award winning landscape designer and horticulturist. A fee is charged commensurate with Alison’s awards and over 25 years of designing gardens.
- Design – all designs are based on improving the value of the property; these range in style from formal to natural, using native and/or exotic plants – sustainability is paramount throughout the process to be lasting. Good design is essential to a good garden and its ongoing viability. A good garden should consider biodiversity for birds and bees, sustainable development from the outset, and plants that are long-lived.
- Scaled plan or Conceptual plans can be considered for prospective clients with a consultation. Plants can be provided through Timandra Plant Brokerage
- Landscaping by TD&L
- Maintenance – This service is for all gardens designed by Timandra. And it is a totally professional service! Fees are charged by the hour and are charged according to the quality of the work and knowledge
- Significant follow up service [conditions apply] – please ask
- Plant brokerage providing clients, after consultation, with plants direct from the wholesalers for their gardens and delivered to site if needed
- Irrigation by a professional irrigation expert. The necessary legal permits are covered.
ALL LEGAL PERMITS AND INSURANCES ARE FULLY COVERED
Open to current landscaping clients and abstract art viewers by arrangement with Alison. Timandra Garden is a bespoke, highly acclaimed sustainable garden.
Another link also of interest is www.alisonaplinart.com.au showcasing Alison’s abstract art
To book an on-site consultation with Alison please phone 0418 825 625.
Please click on the Houzz logo to see photos of client’s gardens and testimonials.